OFFICE HOURS COVID-19 INFORMATION
8 A.M – 4 P.M. NEW YORK STATE COVID-19 IMMUNIZATION NEWS UPDATES
Monday - Friday New York State Covid-19 Hotline (888) 364-3065
(With the exception of New York State Holidays) Covid-19 Testing Sites Near the City of Rensselaer Rensselaer County Covid-19 Information
NEW YORK STATE COVID 19 VACCINATION HOTLINE (1-833-697-4829) VACCINES WILL NOT BE ADMINISTERED WITHOUT APPOINTMENTS AT ALL VACCINATION ADMINISTRATION SITES.
If you are over 16 years of age, have a comorbidity, a qualified medical condition or are an essential worker you may be put on a wait list with the Rensselaer County Health Department by emailing email@example.com . Please indicate in bold letters that you have one of the conditions above that would make you eligible at this time.
***There is a network of State-run sites distributing vaccines statewide – to determine eligibility and schedule appointments at New York State-run vaccination sites only, use the Am I Eligible app. You can also call the New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
** LOCAL PHARMACIES, GROCERY STORES, WALMART AND TARGET STORES ARE NOW ADMINISTERING LIMITED SUPPLIES OF VACCINES. PLEASE CALL OR GO ON-LINE TO CHECK AVAILABILTY AND MAKE APPOINTMENTS.**
Nancy E. Hardt, City Clerk
Julie A. Bink, Deputy City Clerk
PAYMENTS MAY BE PAID BY CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD IN THE OFFICE OR HERE.
62 Washington Street, Fl 2
Rensselaer, New York 12144
(518) 462-4266- Office
(518) 462-0890- Fax
Message from the City Clerk
On behalf of my staff and myself, I welcome you to the City Clerk’s Web Page. We are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
The City Clerk’s Office serves as the Information Center for City Hall and we are committed to provide outstanding customer service to all who call, email or stop in. We are happy to help in any way that we are able to.
I am a Marriage Officer for the City of Rensselaer and I am honored to perform Civil Marriage Ceremonies. The hours for marriages are Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. by appointment only.
Other services we offer:
- Registrar of Vital Statistics: As Registrars we are responsible for keeping a permanent record of all births and deaths that occur within the boundaries of the City of Rensselaer. We also perform genealogical research for death, birth and marriages.
- Records Manager Officer: As Records Manager Officer I am custodian of all permanent city records. I provide storage, retrieval and disposition of all records for all departments of the city. We maintain a record of annual budgets, assessment rolls and fiscal reports.
- Freedom of Information Officer: The Freedom of Information Law, effective January 1, 1978, reaffirms your right to know how your government operates. It provides rights of access to records reflective of governmental decisions and policies that affect the lives of every New Yorker. The law preserves the Committee on Open Government, which was created by enactment of the original Freedom of Information Law in 1974.
- Recording Secretary to the Common Council: As Recording Secretary to the Common Council we keep permanent records of all Common Council minutes.
- Election Coordinator: As Election Coordinator the Clerks is responsible for coordinating elections with the Rensselaer County Board of Elections and for the Polling Places. I am also responsible for the hiring of elections inspectors.
- Voter registration forms are always available in the Clerk’s Office as well as Absentee Ballot applications.
- Dog licenses are issued in the Clerk’s Office
- Hunting/Fishing Licenses: The City Clerk’s Offices issues NYS Hunting and Fishing Licenses.
- Marriage Licenses: The City Clerk's Office issues NYS Marriage Licenses.
You will find an wealth of information within these pages, however please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns or if you would like assistance with other matters. We are here to help.
Nancy E. Hardt
General Powers and Duties of the City Clerk
The City Clerk’s position is an elected four year term. The City Clerk’s Office provides the City Council with centralized staff support under the direction of the City Clerk. The office serves as a document and information resource to the Council, all City departments and the citizens of our city. The City Clerk is responsible for the due, proper and faithful performance of all operational matters of the City Council.
Is required to be a member of the Board of Public Safety, shall be a Clerk thereof and keep a journal of its proceedings.
Is a Marriage Officer of the City of Rensselaer
Coordinates, schedules and attends City Council meetings. Prepares agendas and packets for the Common Council prior to the meetings and maintains a minute book of the proceedings and Ordinance books.
Oversees, guides and tracks the entire legislative process, from introduction of proposed legislation to final approval and publication.
Is responsible to update the City Charter, Code and Ordinances as necessary.
Is the custodian of the City Seal and all records and documents of the City whose custody is not located and maintained by another department, board, commission or officer.
Oversees posting of official notices, ordinances, and advertisements; records papers with the Federal, State and County governments as needed; swears in municipal officers as necessary.
All city contracts, agreements and other outsourcing documents are maintained by the City Clerk and monitored for updating.
Maintains records of births, deaths, and marriages and sends periodic reports to the State of New York Office of Vital Statistics.
Keeps an accurate account of all fees and monies received by the Clerk’s office and makes payments to the City Treasurer.
Supervises all personnel working in the Clerk’s office, such as the Deputy City Clerk and hires additional personnel as needed. The Deputy
City Clerk shall perform all duties and possess all of the powers of the City Clerk during the latter’s absence or inability to act or in event of a vacancy in such office.
Issues various licenses and permits.
Organizes and coordinates the annual Memorial Day Parade.